Domiciliary care offers you a vast range of options, from one visit a day to several. It is suitable for both short-term and long-term contracts, so we can help you deal with convalescence or post-operative support, or give you the personal care required on an ongoing basis.
Private home care service with a difference
Tabeth Care is a private home care service with a difference. Our aim is to help older people stay independent whilst still getting the support they need, and allow younger adults to manage independently in their own homes.
It could mean taking them out shopping or to meet friends, providing a hand with housework or cooking a meal, and if they need help with personal hygiene, we’re able to take care of that as well.
The right care plan for everyone
We’re here for you and the people you care about. Our care team will sit down with everyone to create a fully personalised care plan based on individual needs and wants. We then present the finished care plan so you can decide on the right level of care, which, of course, can be changed from week to week as required.
Visits and outings
Since clients using this option tend to be more able, it is possible for carers and clients to organise trips, visits or even holidays with a little planning. Some carers have their own cars and are appropriately insured to drive clients; otherwise suitable transport can be arranged.
Flexible care packages
Backed by our considerable knowledge and experience, the Tabeth Care team can provide a completely bespoke service. We can target the care you need precisely to your circumstances.
What do the carers do?
All Tabeth Carers are ready and willing to undertake whatever tasks can be reasonably expected to help make the client’s life easier and more comfortable.
For each individual client, the answer is different, because the carer will allocate their time as it best suits the client. An early discussion will soon establish what is needed, and that can be adjusted if circumstances change.
- Personal care: Helping with personal hygiene, washing, dressing; assistance with using the toilet, commode or toilet aids; mobility support.
- Home care: Light housework and washing up to keep the home spick and span; general housework tasks, such as washing and ironing.
- Nutritional support: Preparation of nutritious homemade meals, especially the client’s favourites; help with feeding, if necessary.
- Support services: Reminding the client to take their medication; collecting prescriptions, allowances and pension benefits; shopping from a list provided by the client; encouraging hobbies and seeing friends.
- Social services: Accompanying the client to appointments; companionship and friendship; recreational support, social events.
Care services available on an hourly care basis:
- Reminding, assisting with and administering medications
- Assistance with using the toilet, commode or toilet aids
- Washing up and other general housework tasks, such as cleaning and ironing
- Sorting, washing and drying of clients’ clothing, bedding, towels and other domestic washing
- Collection of prescriptions
- Purchase of items on a shopping list provided by the client
- Collection and delivery of allowances and pension benefits
- Accompanying the client to a required appointment, in the carer’s transportation or private hire vehicle
- Preparation of nutritious homemade meals
- Assisting with feeding
- Morning and evening support
- Assisting to wash, help with oral hygiene and shaving
- Assisting with dressing/undressing
- Moving/transferring clients in or/and out of bed
- Night sitting – a waking service to provide personal care, toileting, dressing/undressing and providing drinks as needed
- Night sleeper – the home care worker sleeps at the client’s home and is available to provide personal care services
Special occasion support
At Tabeth Care, our home care service is tailored to suit our clients’ wishes.
Whether it’s a birthday, anniversary or someone is coming to stay, our home help companions offer a chance to clean and tidy the house, go shopping or take a trip to the hairdressers. This could also include an accompanied walk or visit to a special location. This is a unique opportunity for our dedicated carers to spend time with their client.
Your time is precious
Obviously time is a factor, so while a visiting carer will tend to focus on the practical – washing and dressing, cooking and cleaning – with live-in care there is more flexibility to develop companionship.
As we grow older our needs change, and eventually we must introduce the topic of care to our loved ones. We understand that it may be difficult to discuss, and can come loaded with negative connotations, but the reality is often the exact opposite.
Our approach is not to take over and dictate how you live, but to enable independence by encouraging familiar routines and the activities you enjoy most.
Whether it’s help with washing and preparing meals, or simply a regular companion to enjoy a cup of tea with, the care you receive is built around you.
We can help with:
- Personal care: Washing, dressing, using the toilet or commode
- Home care: Light housework, washing, ironing, dishes
- Nutritional support: Preparation of meals, client favourites, and feeding
- Support services: Administering medication, collecting prescriptions, shopping
- Accompanied outings: Encouraging hobbies, seeing friends, social events
- Company: On-going companionship and emotional support
Supported Living is available 24 hours a day, for as long as you need it. We can arrange anything from constant care to helping with collecting prescriptions and administering medication.
Our carers provide tailored supported living services and are professionally trained to deal with the complex care needs associated with conditions like Alzheimer’s, dementia, Parkinson’s, MS and motor neurone disease.
We understand that no two people are alike. Each care plan is completely bespoke, putting you at the heart of our service.